Book Review of Between Verses by Prerna Khatri. Reviewed by Kinjal Parekh.

Book – Between Verses
Author – Prerna Khatri
Publisher – Notion Press
Genre – Poems
Pages – 70
No. of poems – 41

Stars – 4.5/5

About the book –

Between Verses is an anthology of poems, more so, the thoughts, the ideas and the musings of a young poet who’s on a journey to understand the world through her verses.
Through these pages, one can discern and feel love, loss, death, silence, belonging, detachment, and distance among other things. She believes that people far and wide are all alike, and that they unite through the commonality of their dreams, desires and aspirations. However, in the chaos that is the world today, she is trying to bring out the lost essence of this commonality.

Review –

Each poem in this book is absolutely heart warming. Page by page, poem by poem, I was being absorbed into the words. Prerna Khatri has penned down our feelings.
Not even exaggerating, the poems spoke volumes and made me remember of all the people I have lost from my life, the heart breaks I have gone through and how restless I feel at those times. This book has made a direct connection with human emotions which people go through at their highs and lows. I wasn’t able to connect with few verses in some poems but then may be it depends from person to person.
Read the entire here.

Comments